The following F.A.Q. will give you information on how The Book Rental Scheme is run. Interested in volunteering to help this year? Then please get in touch. All help appreciated and NEEDED!
Who has implemented the Dungourney N.S. Book Rental Policy?
Dungourney N.S. Book Rental policy has been put in place by The Board of Management and is managed by the Book Rental committee in conjunction with Dungourney Parent’s Association and Principal.
Who does this policy apply to?
This policy applies to the rental of books from the Board of Management on a yearly basis and as of September 2013, is mainly applicable to parents/guardians of pupils from 2nd to 6th Class.
Why implement a book rental scheme?
- School Book Rental Schemes can make a very significant difference to the cost of providing text books for students.
- These schemes remove the need for parents to purchase new textbooks and are also considered as a viable alternative to annual second-hand book sales.
- Schools with established schemes indicated an average saving to parents of almost eighty per cent of the cost of buying new books.
- Collaboration, consultation and co-operation between school and home ensure the success of a school rental scheme.
Further information is available here (PDF) on the Department of Education website.
What are our goals?
- September 2013: To provide textbooks to all children interested in availing of the scheme from 2nd to 6th class.
- Books will be rented by students on an annual basis.
- Rented books must be properly maintained by students and cannot be written on.
- Lost or damaged books must be replaced by parents at the end of the school year.
- Books supplied under the scheme will remain the property of the school at all times.
- Second-hand books will be purchased from parents where possible.
- Going forward our aim is to have 100% participation in the scheme, which will keep costs low and facilitate administration. (in progress)
- The scheme is being administered by a voluntary committee of parents, overseen by the Principal.